Finding something specific in France can be a frustrating and time-consuming task:
- agent’s particulars are often out-of-date;
- agents themselves often take a difficult view as to the value of your time;
- details are sparse, incomplete and irregular – making it difficult to make comparisons remotely;
- often properties in the flesh are not quite as they were presented to you!
Engage us as your Buyer’s Agent, and we take the time and hassle out of your search by doing the legwork for you with a structured and well-executed property search exercise for chateaux, maisons fortes, chartreuses and manoirs:
Stage 1 – Define
We will work with you to compile and refine your search criteria.
Stage 2 – Initial list-building
Carried out remotely, we will identify virtually every property that fulfils the property type category.
Stage 3 – Initial Shortlisting and Remote Verification
From this list, we whittle it down to include your other search criteria by contacting owners directly. By doing it this way, we uncover properties that are not on the market, and get a feel for their pricing aspirations.
Stage 4 – Our Property Inspection
We visit every property ourselves, producing a written report on each with a market appraisal and a wealth of photographs that we send these to you via the internet. We can then discuss these by phone. We then ask you to shortlist these further from the comfort of your home.
Stage 5 – Client Visits
We will arrange an itinerary based on your final shortlist, and we then accompany you on your visits. We advise and support throughout, and if we haven’t been successful at this juncture, we repeat the exercise again until we do.
Stage 6 – Negotiation and Transacting
Clearly we are working for you as the buyer, and we will carry out the negotiations on your behalf. We also carry out peripheral tasks, such as due diligence, compiling the inventory etc.
What are the advantages of engaging a Buyer’s Agent?
- We take the hassle out of property search.
- We carry out more due diligence than other estate agents.
- You have a professional negotiating the best deal for you and not the vendor.
- It is the only way to uncover properties that are not on the market.
- More often than not, it costs less in fees.
Why can we do this any better than others?
- We understand properties.
- We understand economics.
- We understand business.
- We understand people.
- We are skilled at capturing and processing key property information.
- We use our secure image bank to present hi-res photos and information to you.
- We are experienced and focussed at managing and driving the entire process from start to finish.
- We only embark on such projects for properties over €1M.
- Our range is from Bordeaux to Sarlat and within 50kms of the Dordogne Valley - although we can extend this with prior agreement.
- We work exclusively for the buyer.
What we charge will depend on the scope of the project, but often than not this is in line with the normal rates as if instructed by the vendor. Please note that if we are to act for the buyer, we will need to be formally instructed with a 'Mandat de Recherche'. Please enquire for details.